Take time today and every day to think of all you have to be grateful. Find surprise by living in the present moment. Find joy in every breath you take. We have all we need – we can hold it in the palm of our hadn.
Last night at Open Heart Sangha we read and discussed this piece. There is much for which to be grateful.
A Pledge for Grateful Living by Bro. David Steindl-Rast, O.S.B
* In thanksgiving for life I pledge to overcome the illusion of ENTITLEMENT by reminding myself that everything is a gift, and, thus, to live GRATEFULLY.
* In thanksgiving for life, I pledge to overcome my GREED, that confuses wants with needs, by trusting that enough for all our needs is given to us, and to share GENEROUSLY what I so generously receive.
* In thanksgiving for life, I pledge to overcome APATHY by waking up to the opportunities that a given moment offers me and so to respond CREATIVELY to every situation.
* In thanksgiving for life, I pledge to overcome VIOLENCE by observing that fighting violence by violence leads to more violence and death, and, thus, to foster life by acting NON-VIOLENTLY.
* In thanksgiving to life, I pledge to overcome FEAR which is the root of all violence and by looking at whatever I fear as an opportunity and, thus, COURAGEOUSLY to lay the foundation for a peaceful future.